Fat transfer is the process of using fat from one part of the body and putting it in another part of the body for aesthetic reasons. In the United States, this procedure can be costly and is rarely covered by medical insurance. That’s why more and more patients are opting for fat transfer in Costa Rica each year. With medical costs as much as 70% cheaper, patients will still save money even after factoring in the cost of travel from the United States to Costa Rica.
Types of Fat Transfer Available in Costa Rica
What to Expect When Traveling to Costa Rica for Fat Transfer?
· Quality healthcare at a much lower price.
· Experienced medical professionals, familiar with treating Americans and other foreigners
· Clean medical facilities with the latest medical technology.
· Scenic environment with beautiful beaches and unlimited amounts of flora and fauna.
Tips to Ensure the Best Medical Trip to Costa Rica Possible
When you decide to go to Costa Rica for fat transfer or for any other procedure, you should keep a few things in mind. This will ensure that you have the best possible trip.
· Do your research. Any time that you go to a doctor for the first time, whether in the United States or in Costa Rica, you should research about him/her to make sure you know all of his/her qualifications. Also research about the clinic or medical facility where you will be treated.
· Carry your medical history. When you go for a fat transfer in Costa Rica, you should carry your medical history, including any pharmaceutical allergies. This will help your doctor give you the best possible treatment.
· Stay in a recommended hotel. Use online forums or ask the clinic to recommend a hotel. The last thing you need to worry about when in Costa Rica is having uncomfortable accommodation. There are a number of international hotels in Costa Rica for you to choose from.
· Don’t walk around alone at night. Just like when you travel in any foreign country, it’s not a good idea to walk around alone at night in Costa Rica. Being a foreigner always makes you an easy target. Though criminal activity is not particularly high, it is a good idea to eliminate any possible risk so that you can fully enjoy your experience getting a fat transfer in Costa Rica.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when you decide to get a fat transfer in Costa Rica. Hopefully, these will help you have a safe and wonderful time as a medical tourist in Costa Rica.